As Pandora learns about your preferences, its selection of songs is refined and geared towards what you like to listen to. If you want more control over the songs that play, learn how to create a playlist in Pandora. Pandora playlists allow you to integrate songs or entire albums into a personalized list that plays in the order you decide.
These instructions apply to the Pandora mobile app and the Pandora web version . Playlist functionality is only available to Pandora Premium subscribers.
How to make a playlist with the Pandora app
- Launch the Pandora app and tap the My Collection tab if it’s not already active.
- Click Filter.
- Tap Playlists in the pop- up menu that appears.
- Tap New Playlist at the top of the screen.
- Enter a name for the new playlist , then tap Next.
- Go to the search bar and enter the name of a song, album or artist.
- A list of results will appear. Tap the plus symbol (+) next to the song or album you want to add. Repeat the above steps as many times as you like until you are satisfied with the content of your new playlist.
You can also add songs to an existing playlist from the Now Playing screen.
- To remove a playlist from your Pandora account , tap Remove playlist . To rearrange items in a playlist, tap and hold a selection and drag it to a new location.
At the bottom of the content of the playlist there is a note indicating the total duration of the playlist.
How to Create a Pandora Playlist from a Web Browser
Follow the steps below if you don’t have access to the Android or iOS app, or if you prefer to create a playlist on your computer.
- Open a web browser, go to Pandora.com and select Sign in.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your Pandora account, then select Sign In.
- Go to the Playlists tab .
- Select Create Playlist in the upper right corner of the Pandora website.
- Enter the desired name of your new playlist in the field provided.
- Select Find a song to add and enter the name of a song, album, or artist.
- A list of recommendations appears. Select the result you want to add to your playlist.
Select Add Similar Songs to automatically add multiple tracks from the artists and genres that are already in the playlist.
- Repeat these steps until you are satisfied with the content of your new playlist.
To rearrange the songs in your playlist, drag an item to its new location.
Using Pandora Custom Playlists
With a Pandora Premium subscription, you’ll also get personalized playlists that are curated based on your listening history and behavior. These playlists are automatically generated and appear in your account from time to time. These playlists provide an alternative to custom options.
These lists are sometimes created after you hit a certain number of songs. You can also see these lists when you’ve been a Premium customer for a while, and Pandora’s algorithms have a better handle on music you like and dislike.