Amazon can be extremely convenient, the ability to order virtually anything from anywhere in the world has revolutionized the market in ways not even Jeff Bezos found, back in 1994 when he created Amazon. Even then, Amazon’s potential was obvious. Within 30 days, he had generated $20,000 a week in sales. Pretty good for a start-up company, right?
Now, 25 years later, Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer and has become a household name. More than 150 million people have accessed Amazon in the month of September last year alone. By comparison, Amazon’s closest competition, Walmart’s shopping app, had only half as much. However, the overall experience of managing your real online account can be quite frustrating. If you don’t know the Amazon site very well, there are many features and links that you have to navigate to find the specific task you are trying to complete.
Fortunately, if you just want to remove one credit card from your Amazon account, it’s very simple and straightforward. If you are interested in learning how keep reading.
How to remove a credit card from your Amazon account
- Navigate to amazon.com in a browser on your Windows or Mac computer and sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Move your cursor to the “Account and Lists” section and click “Your Account.”
- Click on “Your Account” to access your account information
- Choose “Payment Options”, which can be found under the subheading “Ordering and Purchasing Preferences” in the left column.
- Look under “Your credit and debit cards” and press the down arrow to the right of the card you want to remove.
- Now click on the “Delete” option .
- Press “Confirm Delete” on the pop-up window when prompted to remove the card from your Amazon account.
And that is all that is needed. Your credit card has been successfully removed from your Amazon account.