Smart TVs have become an integral part of our home life. TV plays an important role, from watching the latest sporting events to watching your favorite movies, TV series and video games. Roku OS TVs are popular both for price and for the features that the Roku OS offers. TCL Smart TV is one of the TV brands that comes with Roku OS. One of the most frustrating things about TV remotes is that they get lost all the time. Today’s guide is about how to turn on TCL Roku TV without a remote.
Now, there could be many reasons for what happened to your TV remote. It could have been lost, broken, or maybe just lost somewhere. Of course, you’ll be looking high and low, or maybe you’ll be waiting for that new remote you ordered to be mailed to you. Nobody in their right mind would want to use a TV just because there is no remote control. So, if you don’t have a TCL Roku TV remote, read on to learn how to turn it on without a remote.
Turn on TCL Roku TV without remote
Use the power button on your TV
All types of televisions, regardless of brand, will always have a set of physical buttons for the basic functions of your television. They can be on the side, the back, or even the bottom of the TV. Well, for TCL Roku TVs, you will find the power button at the bottom of the TV. Just press a button and you’re done. He turned on his TCL Roku TV without a remote.
Use the Roku TV app
- Since TCL Smart TV comes with Roku OS, you can use this free app as a remote for your TCL Roku TV. This is how the remote control is used.
- Download the app. It can be used for free on devices. Android and iOS .
- Turn on the TV by pressing the button below.
- Make sure your TCL Roku TV automatically connects to your Wi-Fi network.
- Now connect your mobile phone to the same Wi-Fi network and open the Roku app.
- Click on the “Remote” tab at the bottom of the app screen.
- It will search for TVs that are on the same network. When you find your TCL Roku TV, select it.
- Now you will have some Java buttons on your mobile screen. You can use these buttons to control your TCL Roku.
TCL Roku TV powered by infrared
TV remote controls use an infrared sensor to communicate with the TV. Many Android devices have a built-in infrared sensor. With a suitable app, you can control your TV right out of the box. from connecting to using almost every other feature. A popular app that uses your phone’s infrared sensor (that is, if your phone has a sensor) is the Mi Remote app. The application is compatible with many devices from different manufacturers. Mi remote can be downloaded for free from the Google Play store.
Use PS4 to turn on TCL Roku TV
- You can use PS4 to turn on TCL Roku TV. It is quite simple and easy to do.
- Connect PS4 to TCL Roku TV via HDMI input.
- Use the power button on your TV to turn it on.
- On your PS4, open Settings and select System Preferences.
- Scroll down to Enable HDMI Device Link and check the box.
- Now turn off your PS4 and TCL Roku TV.
- With both devices powered off, turn on your PS4.
- When the PS4 turns on, your TCL Roku TV also turns on.
Use Nintendo Switch to turn on TCL Roku TV
To use this method of powering on your TCL Roku TV, you will need a Nintendo Dock.
- Plug your Nintendo Switch into the dock and make sure the dock is connected to the display port on your TV.
- Turn on the TV with the button on the bottom of the TV.
- On your Nintendo Switch, select the System Preferences option.
- Now select your TV settings.
- Scroll down from the right hand side and select Match Power State.
- After selecting the Power Status option, turn off the TV along with the switch.
- Turn on the power switch on your TCL Roku TV, which should turn on automatically as well.
- So, you have different ways to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote.
So now that you know how to turn on your TCL Roku TV without a remote, you should be good to go. However, if you find your lost remote to be good, otherwise you’re better off placing an order for a replacement TV remote.