The Huawei P50 Pocket has been officially presented at an event that the Chinese giant held a few hours ago in its native country. This terminal had already been leaked on previous occasions , but we did not know its complete specifications, and we did not have the slightest idea about its possible price. These issues have been resolved after their presentation, so we are going to tell you all the details.
The first thing that catches the attention of the Huawei P50 Pocket is that we are facing a terminal that adopts a shell-type design, with a horizontal fold and not a vertical fold. This means that we have a line that reminds us, and a lot, of those mythical mobile phones that swept through the nineties. Huawei has created two different versions, a standard one that will be available in black and white colors, and another “premium” one that will be finished in gold , and which will feature higher hardware specifications.
Going back to the design, at the rear we have two symmetrical circular spaces with different functions. The first houses a configuration of three cameras, which we will talk about later, and the second mounts a screen that will allow us to execute simple actions, view notifications and control other aspects of the terminal without having to open it. This is an important detail, as it should help reduce wear on the hinge, and on the main screen.
The Huawei P50 Pocket is built in metal and finished in glass, which means that it offers the user a premium finish. On the front we have a flexible OLED type panel with a “zero gap” termination, that is, it does not leave any kind of gap when the terminal is closed. How could it be otherwise, it is of the «all screen» type, and has a small circular island that is reserved for integrating the front camera.
Huawei P50 Pocket Specifications
After that first preliminary look at the exterior, we are ready to go in to review the specifications of the Huawei P50 Pocket. At the hardware level is a true top of the range, but with an important deficiency , which is that does not incorporate a 5G modem , which means that is limited to 4G. It’s a problem? To this day, we can say no in most cases, but it is true that it could affect its useful life if the standardization of 5G continues to grow at a good pace.
- Flexible OLED-type main screen with a size of 6.9 inches in 21: 9 format, a resolution of 2,790 x 1,188 pixels and a refresh rate of 120 Hz (300 Hz touch sampling).
- OLED-type secondary screen with a size of 1.04 inches, resolution of 340 x 340 pixels, refresh rate of 60 Hz (120 Hz touch sampling).
- Snapdragon 888 SoC with eight-core CPU and Adreno 660 GPU.
- 4G LTE modem.
- 8GB-12GB of RAM (LPDDR5 type).
- 256GB-512GB storage capacity (UFS 3.1 type).
- 40 MP rear camera (main) with f / 1.8 aperture, 13 MP wide-angle secondary camera with f / 2.2 aperture and 32 MP «ultra spectrum» camera with f / 1.8 aperture.
- 10.7 MP front camera with f / 2.2 aperture.
- 4,000 mAh battery supports 40 watt fast recharge.
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 LE connectivity.
- Side integrated fingerprint reader.
- Dimensions and weight: 87.3 x 75.5 x 15.2 mm when closed, 170 x 75.5 x 7.2 mm when open. It weighs 190 grams.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system.
The Huawei P50 Pocket will be available as a temporary exclusive on the Chinese market. The company has confirmed that it will reach other markets later, but I still cannot give you a specific date, so be patient.
Regarding the sale price, the base model equipped with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage capacity will cost 1,244 euros to change (without applying VAT), while the version “Gold”, which will have 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage capacity, will cost 1,522 euros to change (also without VAT). Before finishing, I leave you the video with the presentation, in case you want to see it.